Ignite Seattle is a geek event that combines on-site geekery, sharing, and innovation (and drinking). The next one will be held upstairs at the CHAC on Tuesday, February 13th. The Make Contest will begin at 6:30; the Ask Later talks will begin at 8:30.
First Set of Talks (8:30 PM)
- Brady Forrest (O’Reilly Radar, Ignite!) - Greetings & Salutations
- Matthew Maclaurin - (Microsoft Research) - Programming for Fun/Children/Hobbyists/Hackers
- Elisabeth Freeman (Author in the Head First Series, Works at Disney Internet Group) -The Science Behind the Head First Books: or how to write a technical book that doesn’t put your readers to sleep
- Scott Kveton (JanRain) - OpenID
- Avi Geiger (Hardware Architect,Microsoft) - “Power Consumption of Home Computers and Incandescent Lightbulbs” (Brady’s note - trust me this is going to be an eye-opening talk)
- Ryan Stewart (ZDNet’s Universal Desktop;Threecast) - The Rich Internet Application Space: Everything from where AJAX fits to Apollo to WPF to the Flash Platform
- Nancy White (Full Circle Associates) - What the Bleep is a Community Technology Steward?
Second Set of Talks (9:30 PM)
- Hans Omli (Shoestring Ventures)- Elevator Pitches and Parallel Entrepreneurship
- Sarah Davies (Freedom For IP) - Share and share alike: GPL, Creative Commons, and the future of digital freedom
- Lars Liden (Teachtown) - Utilizing Web Technology to Help Children with Autism
- Kurt Brockett (Identity Mine) - A Look at Windows Presentation Foundation
- Marcelo Calbucci (Sampa) - Dr. Watson for AJAX
- Lee Lefever (The World Is Not Flat) - Adventures from a Year of Multimedia Travel Blogging: A few inspiring stories from a year of travel blogging across 29 countries that produced 500+ blog posts, 24 original videos and 14,000 photos.
- Barry Brumitt (Google) - MapReduce: Simplified Data Processing on Large Clusters
- Ellie Lum (R.E.Load Bags) - “How R.E.Load Makes Their Bags”
- Leo Dirac (Rhapsody) - Transhuman technology trends and their implications for a theory of morality
- Deepak Singh (business|bytes|genes|molecules) - An Open Scientific Future
- Mike Acuri (Ontela) - Escaping the Empire: how to leave a big company
- Heater Ralph - Art or science? A multi-person pogo stick
- Jordan Mitchell (CEO, OthersOnline) - Distributed Social Networking and a New Metaphor for Search
- Corprew Reed (American Society for Information Science & Technology) - What the heck is the Pacific Northwest Chapter of ASIS&T?For more into check outIgnite Seattle's website, here